Crashing on big source files

Filip Dupanović

Mar 17, 2016, 2:41:34 AM3/17/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I've been working on a fairly big file with source maps and there haven't been any issues when accessing the sources. Usually, dev tools just hiccup for a few seconds and then the file is displayed. I'm sorry for being ignorant about the releases, but I've noticed some UI changes and now when accessing the source file dev tools freeze while loading the source maps.

roger reynolds

Mar 17, 2016, 1:48:05 PM3/17/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I am also seeing this, just as of the latest update to version 49.0.2623.87

What is even worse is that chrome appears to remember the source files you had open, by site, so even after you kill the runaway chrome process, restart chrome, and even reboot your computer - you will immediately die once again if you open the developer tools for any page on that same site (that loads that same file anyway)

For example, jquery.min.js

This is a total catastrophe for chrome developer tools.

Hoping a hot fix will be coming very soon, because it is completely unusable with this new "feature".

Andrey Lushnikov

Mar 17, 2016, 2:02:26 PM3/17/16
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
This looks like this bug: http://crbug.com/593679
It would be great if you could provide your reproduction steps in the bug comments.

Regards,
Andrey

roger reynolds

James Youngseok Kim

May 18, 2016, 11:37:02 AM5/18/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I accidentally opened  jquery-1.10.2.min.js  with developers tool and I coulnd't close this file and cannot reopen.

Arliang

Feb 20, 2017, 12:26:48 AM2/20/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
This bug also happened to me when dragging the HOME folder to the dev-tools' source tab.
I also tried resetting the dev-tools. Nothing happened but losing all of my snippets -- in fact, only one snippet was lost this time, it's brothers had all gone when I clicked the reset button last Friday ( T_T ).

All this happened in chrome of version 56.0.2924.87 on OS X 10.12.4.
Hope this can be solved very soon.

在 2016年3月18日星期五 UTC+8上午1:48:05,roger reynolds写道: