Indian Rupee symbol not showing

vishnu agarwal

Oct 21, 2015, 1:38:12 AM10/21/15
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
While scripting the website i have tried copy pasting the symbol as well as the code &#8377. The same codes show a rupee symbol on other browsers but on chrome (ver 46) it shows a box. This is a general problem and many of my users have told me this. How can i solve this issue from my end as a website developer?

Thanks
Vishnu

PhistucK

Oct 21, 2015, 1:43:06 AM10/21/15
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
This (copy and paste to the address bar) shows some symbol and not a box for me -
data:text/html,₹

However, this group discusses the Developer Tools feature of Google Chrome and not general web development issues.
Please, either continue this discussion at blink-dev, or file an issue (if you cannot find an existing similar one) at crbug.com (you can reply with a link to the created or found issue).

PhistucK

Vishnu

Matthew Herbst

Apr 4, 2016, 11:03:59 AM4/4/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Apparently showing "Rs." instead of the Rupee symbol is intentional: https://codereview.chromium.org/856153003

PhistucK

Apr 4, 2016, 11:05:07 AM4/4/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I am not sure this change list has anything to do with it...

PhistucK

Faizan Siddiq khan

Dec 3, 2016, 2:05:06 PM12/3/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Even when I am trying to access any of ecommerce site there too the Rs symbol is not visible!!