Does chrome 55.0.2883.75 support cross domain Javascript injection using JSONP ?

N.Hector Jacob

Dec 8, 2016, 5:18:56 AM12/8/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I am trying to retrieve data  from a different domain as compared to the the domain inferred from the browser window.
e.g. www.example.com is url in the browser where as data is being fetched from www.example.net .
Due to the CORS restrictions , i am not able to fetch the data from www.example.net via XMLHTTPREQUEST,
in order to work around this I used JSONP.

This implementation works fine on IE11 but fails on Chrome browser. Has Chrome disabled support for JSONP ?

PhistucK

Dec 8, 2016, 5:22:00 AM12/8/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Of course it has not disabled support for JSONP (if it did, millions of pages would have been broken by now, since the mechanism is to simply call a function from a cross origin script).
But your specific case may be experiencing a Chrome bug (or a code bug :)).

Anyway, this group discusses the Developer Tools feature of Google Chrome and not general web development issues.

You can search crbug.com for an existing issue and star it. If you cannot find one, file a new issue using the "New issue" link on the same page.
Please, do not add a "+1" or "Me too" or "Confirmed" (or similar) comment. It just wastes the time of Chrome engineers and sends unnecessary e-mails to all of the people who starred the issue.

You can reply with a link to the found or created issue and might get triaged (and fixed) faster.

Thank you.

PhistucK