Chrome 45 not autoplaying Flash content of 'only' player on my webpage

Hakimuddin Sabunwala

Sep 21, 2015, 4:36:27 PM9/21/15
to Google Chrome Developer Tools

With Chrome version 45, "Chrome Now Automatically Pauses Flash Content That Isn’t ‘Central’ To A Web Page". How does chrome determine 'Central' content?

On my web page there is only one player on top left. This is flash based. The business requirement is to auto play the content whenever the page loads but it seems chrome latest version does not allow to autoplay the content and instead displays a Play icon on it. How does Chrome determines Central content? I tried to put the focus on the player but still it does not autoplay.

Is there a way we can overwrite chrome setting through UI to "Run all plugin content" under content settings? Is there any other alternative that i can try. Any inputs will be appreciated.

Asking user to Play the video is not a solution. We need to autoplay the content and it is the only player on the entire page.

I am on Chrome version 45.0.2454.93

Thank You!

Regards, Hakim

Hakimuddin Sabunwala

Sep 21, 2015, 4:36:27 PM9/21/15
to Google Chrome Developer Tools

PhistucK

Sep 22, 2015, 7:37:16 AM9/22/15
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
This is the wrong group. Please, use stackoverflow.com for web development issues. If you are pretty sure this is a Chrome issue, use crbug.com to report it as an issue (or star an existing issue, if you can find a similar one).

Note - please, continue the discussion elsewhere. You can reply with a link to the found or created issue.
Also, try to give a URL to a complete page instead of making the ones who help you combine the pieces themselves. This makes sure any server issues are still apparent, which may affect the rendering.

PhistucK