Chrome dev tools User agent does not work.

Karl Andersson

May 11, 2017, 5:15:24 PM5/11/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
So I'm trying to change User Agent on a page through Chrome developer tools, the problem is that it is not wokring.

I have tested the embedded agents and a custom agent, but I do not get Chrome to switch user agent. Do I need to enable it somewhere to activate it?

PhistucK

May 11, 2017, 5:22:18 PM5/11/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Seems to work for me. Just typing there is enough.
(Chrome 58 on Windows 7)

PhistucK

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 4:22 PM, Karl Andersson <fredrik.0...@gmail.com> wrote:
So I'm trying to change User Agent on a page through Chrome developer tools, the problem is that it is not wokring.

I have tested the embedded agents and a custom agent, but I do not get Chrome to switch user agent. Do I need to enable it somewhere to activate it?

Karl Andersson

May 14, 2017, 12:20:05 PM5/14/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools

If I enter a custom User agent, refresh the site. It still show me my original User agent.

I can change it with an Chrome pluggin. But the Dev tools just do nothing.

PhistucK

May 14, 2017, 12:53:48 PM5/14/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
What plugin?

Anyway, sounds weird.
You can search crbug.com for an existing issue and star it. If you cannot find one, file a new issue using the "New issue" link on the same page.
Please, do not add a "+1" or "Me too" or "Confirmed" (or similar) comment. It just wastes the time of Chrome engineers and sends unnecessary e-mails to all of the people who starred the issue.

You can reply with a link to the found or created issue and might get triaged (and fixed) faster.

Thank you.

PhistucK