Not able to set breakpoints on certain lines in Sourcemaps

Varunkumar Nagarajan

Apr 14, 2014, 10:33:42 AM4/14/14
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
In one of our applications, we are minifying JS files and creating a sourcemap for the same. Chrome developer tools is loading the minified file and all the original files as expected. However, I am unable to set breakpoints on certain lines in the original file. I couldn't figure out a pattern of lines on which I can't set breakpoints. Is there a known issue? Stumbled upon a related question on SO and it doesn't seem to have a reliable answer.

Is there any authentic ticket to track the issue here?

Thanks,
Varun

Pavel Feldman

Apr 14, 2014, 11:09:54 AM4/14/14
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Please file a bug at crbug.com/new. If you could attach the reduced test case, it would be easier for us to follow up.

Regards
Pavel

Dan Dascalescu

Aug 22, 2018, 7:08:41 PM8/22/18
to Chrome DevTools
This problem is still occurring - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/35278193/chrome-devtools-wont-let-me-set-breakpoints-on-certain-lines

I also see it in a rather large codebase (otherwise I'd happily attach a reduced test case).