Right click "Inspect Element" is gone (Chrome 47)

Jascha Brinkmann

Jan 9, 2016, 6:35:20 AM1/9/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
My right click menu doesn't contains "Inspect Element" anymore. Could it be because of some installed extension?

If I use the shortcut shift + cmd + c I can still inspect elements, but right click was easier.

Someone has the same problem?

PhistucK

Jan 9, 2016, 6:38:16 AM1/9/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Can you provide a screenshot?
It was changed to just "Inspect", but it is there. Extensions cannot remove a specific context menu, they (and normal web pages) can replace the context menu entirely with an HTML based menu.

PhistucK

Jascha Brinkmann

Jan 11, 2016, 11:04:27 AM1/11/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I need this daily several times. It's just gone. No idea where it went and I can't find on google anyone with the same problem.

I have attached the screenshot, context menu is in german.

--

Bildschirmfoto 2016-01-11 um 17.02.36.png

PhistucK

Jan 11, 2016, 12:18:16 PM1/11/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Mmm... I do not know german, but what is "Prüfen"?
Also, are you using a Macintosh?

PhistucK

Jascha Brinkmann

Jan 11, 2016, 12:25:37 PM1/11/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
ok. feeling stupid now, you are right, prüfen is inspect in german. Don't know in which version they translated it but that was the reason why I didn't found it. Sounded more like spell checking than developer tools :) Thanks for opening my eyes, best regards

PhistucK

Jan 11, 2016, 12:33:17 PM1/11/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
If you think this is not a good translations and that others could also make that mistake, you can file a issue at crbug.com. Being clear is very important.

PhistucK

Paul Irish

Jan 11, 2016, 1:18:55 PM1/11/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools

Montaser Al Nahas

Dec 22, 2019, 5:05:03 AM12/22/19
to Chrome DevTools
Iam having the same problem, I used to use inspect to create HTML format emails, but I can't anymore, even using the hotkey command, still no use, I thought that google team disabled this feature because of security, but I saw no announcement about it, please if anyone know how to turn this feature back on, let us know. it was really helpfull in my line of work.

PhistucK

Dec 22, 2019, 5:13:23 AM12/22/19
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
A few options why it may happen that come to mind -
- If this is your work computer, your corporate administrator might have disabled the Developer Tools via enterprise policies. You can go to chrome://policy/ (copy and paste in the address bar of the browser) and see if there is a set policy name that contains "DevTools" or "DeveloperTools" or "Inspect" or something similar.
- You are using a Chrome application ("Chrome Apps"). I think you can go to chrome://extensions and enable the "Developer mode" there... Not sure.

PhistucK