Network "Offline" throttling : no JS bindings update and events

atond...@lafourchette.com

Sep 17, 2014, 4:58:27 PM9/17/14
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

When toggling new offline network throttling mode, neither "offline"/"online" event is dispatched, nor `navigator.onLine` boolean is set to true/false.
We use it to change some strategies and display on the fly for an improved user experience.
It would be perfect if such an offline simulation debug mode could provide these.

Thanks a lot.

Alexis

PhistucK

Sep 17, 2014, 5:01:33 PM9/17/14
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I have not tried it, but the network information API comes to mind when thinking about network throttling - it should be affected as well.

PhistucK

Paul Irish

Sep 17, 2014, 5:19:26 PM9/17/14
to Google Chrome Developer Tools

Totally. Good call.

Actually filed a ticket on this two days ago: https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=414375

We'll get on it.

Olivier Combe

Apr 1, 2015, 6:03:09 AM4/1/15
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Paul,

any update on this ? It looks like it's still not working...

Jonathan Garbee

Apr 1, 2015, 6:57:06 AM4/1/15
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
It isn't working because no work has been committed for this so far. I just merged the previous bug into https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=422956 since this one has had an attempt towards it. So start this issue (the merge should have automatically done that if you starred the previous issue) and you will get updates as things happen.

Sten Muchow

Jonathan Garbee