Please bring the preserve log checkbox on the console back to where it was

Melyssa St-Hilaire

May 8, 2017, 11:25:16 AM5/8/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I spent about 2 minutes too long trying to find where the Console "Preserve log" checkbox had gone. Now, to have it visible at all times (and I do toggle it a good bit during the day), I also have to see 5 more checkboxes I don't really use taking up a lot of screen real-estate. Can't we have the preserve log checkbox back to where it was (similar to Network tab, where it's always visible)?

Thank you.

Blaise Bruer

May 8, 2017, 3:08:57 PM5/8/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
You can also use the command menu to toggle it too: Ctrl+Shift+P then type "Preserve Log" then use arrows or press enter when it finds what you are looking for.

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 8:25 AM Melyssa St-Hilaire <krok...@gmail.com> wrote:
I spent about 2 minutes too long trying to find where the Console "Preserve log" checkbox had gone. Now, to have it visible at all times (and I do toggle it a good bit during the day), I also have to see 5 more checkboxes I don't really use taking up a lot of screen real-estate. Can't we have the preserve log checkbox back to where it was (similar to Network tab, where it's always visible)?

Thank you.

Zac Spitzer

May 10, 2017, 11:30:54 PM5/10/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
+1 all these new hidden toolbar changes really are a step backwards in terms of developer workflow

Clément Pigeon

Jun 14, 2017, 12:11:10 PM6/14/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I also really miss the checkbox in its old location, as it is something that I toggle often. Maybe offer a flag somewhere to have it the option to display it?

Zac Spitzer

Jun 14, 2017, 11:39:17 PM6/14/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
agreed, it's also frustrating on a widescreen having to go all the way to the far right of the screen to click the options cog