How do I turn off error notifications (e.g., SQL syntax errors), such as can be done with IE through Internet Options?

Ian Wade

Sep 2, 2015, 12:12:08 PM9/2/15
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I am doing testing for a web-based software solution.  I would like to be able to toggle on/off the error notifications I may come across.

In IE, one can disable script debugging and notifications about every script error. Can this same disabling be done in Chrome?

Thanks.

PhistucK

Sep 2, 2015, 12:21:23 PM9/2/15
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Chrome does not have error notifications.

The page may implement something like -
window.onerror =
 function (error)
 {
  alert(error.message)
 };
And the browser just obeys.

Perhaps you mean that when the Developer Tools feature is open for a certain page and something throws an exception, the debugger breaks?
You can disable breaking on exceptions, or on uncaught exceptions.
It is the pause (||) button within a hexagon. Make sure it is not blue, but gray.
If it is blue and you only want not to break on uncaught exceptions, untick the checkbox below it ("Pause On Caught Exceptions").

If you mean that you do not want them to show up in the console, this is impossible. The closest thing you can do is filter all of the errors, by clicking on the filter button next to the <top frame> select box and select (using Control) everything but "All" and "Errors".

PhistucK

Ian Wade

Sep 2, 2015, 1:03:53 PM9/2/15
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
An example of an error notification I am talking about would be the following:

Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0 error '80040e14'

Incorrect syntax near '='.

/page.asp, line 751

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 7:11 PM, Ian Wade <ianw...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am doing testing for a web-based software solution.  I would like to be able to toggle on/off the error notifications I may come across.

In IE, one can disable script debugging and notifications about every script error. Can this same disabling be done in Chrome?

Thanks.

PhistucK

Sep 2, 2015, 1:05:17 PM9/2/15
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
This is a server, not a browser message. This is simply the response of your server.

PhistucK

PhistucK