Left side panels for custom Dev Tool ext

Christopher Maggiulli

Apr 6, 2017, 3:53:37 AM4/6/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I build a custom dev tool extension that displays as a tab in the dev tools window. I see there is functionality for a right side panel but in all the default dev tools extensions I see left side panels that act as navigations for the extension. I wrote my own UI component for that but I can't help but feel as though I am not doing it correctly. Is there any standard way to make a navigation bar (left side vertical or horizontal on top)? I can find anything in the docs

PhistucK

Apr 6, 2017, 4:11:03 AM4/6/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I might be misunderstanding your question.
Knockout Context uses the drawer to show actual data instead of redirecting as you mentioned, so there is that. jQuery Events also used that (not using it anymore, so I am not sure whether it still does).
It makes sense to put actual data in a drawer. I do not think you need to avoid it. If you think it is convenient, use it.

PhistucK