Ignoring network requests made by plugins

Milo Toor

Apr 30, 2015, 1:46:53 PM4/30/15
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to have the debugger ignore network requests made by my plugins? These requests are generally just an obstruction to debugging. I feel like a sensible default would be to show the requests (because who knows..maybe they're affecting the performance of the site), while giving the developer the ability to turn them off, in the same way you can blackbox certain scripts.

Paul Irish

Apr 30, 2015, 1:50:57 PM4/30/15
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
You can do a negation filter in the network panel. That's probably your best bet.
Inline image 1

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 10:41 AM, Milo Toor <milo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is it possible to have the debugger ignore network requests made by my plugins? These requests are generally just an obstruction to debugging. I feel like a sensible default would be to show the requests (because who knows..maybe they're affecting the performance of the site), while giving the developer the ability to turn them off, in the same way you can blackbox certain scripts.

Milo Toor

PhistucK

Apr 30, 2015, 2:36:31 PM4/30/15
to Google Chrome Developer Tools, Paul Irish
Perhaps add the following?
- Add a "Plugins" filter.
- Make the filters selectable (more than one at a time). By default, all of the filters are selected and clicking on each of the filters removes the matching entries.

PhistucK

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 9:17 PM, Milo Toor <milo...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Paul Irish

Apr 30, 2015, 2:51:23 PM4/30/15
to PhistucK, Google Chrome Developer Tools
We could, but I don't think it's a top priority right now.