can't import timeline saved data

murphy

Mar 7, 2012, 10:30:41 AM3/7/12
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Does anyone can import timeline saved data ?
I like to load the saved data to analyze but fail.
Doesn't it support now ?
However, it can export json format data successfully.

Chrome version : 19.0.1055.1 dev

Ilya Tikhonovsky

Mar 7, 2012, 12:51:36 PM3/7/12
to murphy, Google Chrome Developer Tools
Could you please explain a bit what kind of problem with loading timeline data you have.
At this moment we have only one known problem with loading timeline data.
File open dialog doesn't appear if DevTools is in docked mode.

Regards,
Tim.

Rob Cherny

Mar 7, 2012, 4:52:37 PM3/7/12
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Hey guys,

I'm on Mac OS X 10.6.8 and with the Canary build and the production/
stable build both, I'm getting either (1) a crash if drag and drop the
saved JSON file (if the browser doesn't just default to try to show it
in a tab), or, the (2) File Open dialog appears off the screen in
either docked or stand alone window mode. I can open the window up
fully and use Expose to shrink all the open windows when I have done
"Load timeline data..." and the open dialog is off the screen and to
the bottom. Another guy here selecting Load Timeline data just crashed
it outright, and on Windows XP it was doing *nothing*.

Sure would be great to be able to do that, even in today's production
version. Can't use this data if we can't save it, basically.

:rob

yfts...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2012, 9:48:42 PM3/7/12
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com, murphy
I met the same issue you described.
What's docked mode ? Can I switch to other mode to let file open dialog work well ?

Thanks.

Regards,
Murphy

Ilya Tikhonovsky於 2012年3月8日星期四UTC+8上午1時51分36秒寫道:

PhistucK

Mar 11, 2012, 4:46:37 AM3/11/12
to yfts...@gmail.com, google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Docked mode is when the Developer Tools window is not a window, but a panel within the browser window (at the bottom, or at the side, if you enabled "Dock to side").

PhistucK

yfts...@gmail.com

Mar 11, 2012, 5:29:45 AM3/11/12
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com, yfts...@gmail.com
Thanks PhistucK.
I can load the saved data in non-docked mode successfully.
Thanks for your tip.

PhistucK於 2012年3月11日星期日UTC+8下午4時46分37秒寫道: