Waterfall vs. timeline: different order of loaded files

Evgeniy Orlov

Nov 16, 2016, 6:50:43 AM11/16/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I realize this issue on different websites, where javascripts are implemented on the bottom of HTML (but not defer / async):
  •  - In the timeline diagram are all javascripts shown on the bottom, as they would be loaded at last,
  •  - But in the waterfall, sorted with start time all javascript are shown as they would be loaded at first.
Why is it so? Could somebody explain me this behavior?
waterfall.png
timeline.png

Blaise Bruer

Nov 16, 2016, 1:44:16 PM11/16/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Can you try on Canary? We recently did some things that might make what is happening more apparent.

Evgeniy Orlov

Nov 17, 2016, 7:37:52 AM11/17/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Thanks for recommendation! Indeed, in Canary it looks absolutely consistent in both timeline and waterfall view.