Feature Request: Log Element Properties

Michael Christofersen

Mar 26, 2018, 4:09:54 PM3/26/18
to Chrome DevTools
While debugging, I frequently inspect an element but need to view all properties for the element (including the ones that don't show in element inspector). Currently how I do this is:

1. copy the element selector from the elements tab
2. query the selector and save it to a variable in the console
3. finally, console.dir the selector

It would be very useful if this entire workflow was available as an option on the elements context menu.

If theres already a better way to do this please let me know.

Thanks!

PhistucK

Mar 26, 2018, 4:11:17 PM3/26/18
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Assuming you selected the element in the Elements panel, console.dir($0) is a shorter way.

PhistucK

Kayce Basques

Apr 5, 2018, 7:13:24 PM4/5/18
to Chrome DevTools
You can inspect the currently-selected element's properties via the Properties tab on the Elements panel. Does that help?