Mouse pointer disappears in device mode

90gyugyu

Mar 14, 2016, 2:44:56 AM3/14/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Hi, recently i am having an issue of mouse pointer in device mode(gray cursor) doesn't show on my desktop chrome browser.

It doesn't show any pointer, but it senses where I touch. It's really inconvenient because I mistakenly touch different places.

I am using windows 10 and the version of chrome is  49.0.2623.87 m(latest)

Is there anyone having the same problem as I am? If there is a solution on this issue like changing the setting or flags, plz let me know

PhistucK

Mar 14, 2016, 2:51:07 AM3/14/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Works for me. Can you share a specific URL where this reproduces?
If you enable device mode on other websites, does it show the cursor?

One thing to try would be to click on the three vertical dots at the right top corner of the device mode toolbar and change "User agent type" to "Mobile (Default)" or "Desktop with touch".

PhistucK

Ben Quintana

Apr 6, 2016, 2:05:07 AM4/6/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I have the same issue on recent windows 10 upgrade. I am using the latest version of chrome.

The pointer does not appear on any website (including google!)

PhistucK

Apr 6, 2016, 2:06:29 AM4/6/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
You can search crbug.com for an existing issue and star it. If you cannot find one, file a new issue using the "New issue" link on the same page.
Please, do not add a "+1" or "Me too" or "Confirmed" (or similar) comment. It just wastes the time of Chrome engineers and sends unnecessary e-mails to all of the people who starred the issue.

You can reply with a link to the found or created issue and might get triaged (and fixed) faster.

Thank you.

PhistucK

John Johnson

Apr 10, 2016, 1:45:11 AM4/10/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I'm having he same issue, circumvented it by:

Open a new tab in chrome and type:      chrome://restart

This will close your tabs and reopen them in seconds.

Jeremy Cheng

Jun 6, 2016, 4:41:34 PM6/6/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I have the exact same issue, cursor pointer not showing at all in Chrome device mode. I have tried turning off graphics acceleration and updated my video driver but didn't help. Any one got a resolution?

Gael Colin

Aug 5, 2016, 3:29:09 AM8/5/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I have the same issue with windows 10 but only on my extended screen.

The test case (you need 2 screens) :
 - open google chrome on the second screen (screen mode extend)
 - go to www.google.com
 - open developper tools with Toogle device toolbar
 - the gray cursor is not present
 - drag the google chrome in the primary screen to see the gray cursor

PhistucK

Francesco Montanari

Oct 18, 2016, 6:41:08 AM10/18/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools

Brian Gora

Feb 14, 2017, 12:27:09 PM2/14/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I was facing this issue since today and trying to pinpoint the cause of it I found that the Eye Care Switcher application (which dims the blue light of the screen) that came with my ASUS notebook was the responsible.

I turned of the Eye Care mode and the cursor started appearing again. So, check if you're using an app like this that might be interfering with the chrome devtools mobile cursor.
EyeCareSwitcher.PNG

Rubén Escalante

Feb 18, 2017, 4:02:03 AM2/18/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Check if you are using an Eye Care Program. Asus' Eye Care Switcher was causing my mobil pointer to disappear. Just turn it off and your cursor will be back.

John Hansen

Mar 4, 2017, 11:23:07 AM3/4/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
As a quick workaround I open an explorer window (or any application window) and drag it somewhere else. The mouse cursor appears for the rest of the session after that.

qingming...@gmail.com

Apr 8, 2017, 11:51:21 AM4/8/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I meet the same issue in recent days,finally,I resolve the issue as initialize my Intel Graphy drives setting >monitor>color setting>Restore Defaults
, So I think the cursor dispared due to I change the display color saturablity

Skihadi

May 2, 2017, 5:35:49 AM5/2/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Hi, I've been having the same issue for a couple of months. Through reading this thread and poking around under the hood I have found that the touch cursor came back when I went into Intel Display settings > General > [Display Name] > Quantization Range

This was set to default, I whacked it up to full and the cursor appeared. Hope this helps some other people, it was a real irritation for me.

phatdunny

May 4, 2017, 2:13:13 AM5/4/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Thanks Shihadi!! Worked for me too

Natalia Sanchez

May 9, 2017, 8:05:09 AM5/9/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Amazing, it worked! Thanks!

agerm...@adneom.com

May 23, 2017, 3:53:08 AM5/23/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Yep, it works for me too, thanks a lot !

Martin Danko

May 23, 2017, 2:41:08 PM5/23/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
@Skihadi Thank you!!!

Mike Hague

Jun 21, 2017, 12:14:43 PM6/21/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Just had the same issue and it was caused by zoom in 4k 175% - 200% its fine

Vladimir Mujakovic

Jul 13, 2017, 1:34:57 AM7/13/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I had this issue when I had a monitor attached to my laptop, for development work.  I played around with my display settings and discovered that IF the scale on my second monitor did not match the scale on my laptop, the mobile development mode cursor would disappear. (windows 10)

If this is an issue for anyone just go into Display settings -> Display -> Scale and Layout --> make sure that both your laptop/desktop matches the display scale of your second monitor.

The Staubiger

Aug 4, 2017, 7:27:51 AM8/4/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Solved my problem, thanks!

Cesar A. V.

Aug 4, 2017, 12:13:31 PM8/4/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Thank you , it worked for me too.

René Domingue

Sep 27, 2017, 12:53:46 PM9/27/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
For me I've go in the Intel graphic panel and change the hz from 59 to 75p Hz.
And the mouse cursor came back.
I had the same issue and same config (window 10 running on a laptop and it was only on my extend monitor that the mouse has dissapear)

Flemming Olsen

Sep 27, 2017, 12:53:51 PM9/27/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
that worked for me, thx  :)

Md. Eliass Hossain

Feb 3, 2019, 11:31:35 AM2/3/19
to Chrome DevTools
I have same issue then tried your post, Using a 2nd Monitor (ASUS VX 229). it solved another way..
Right click on your mouse on desktop screen. then Intel Graphic Settings >> General settings >> Refresh Rate 60Hz (before it was 59Hz)
Thanks for the Guideline @Flemming Olsen
download.png

Thijs Wijnen

Feb 23, 2019, 8:34:32 AM2/23/19
to Chrome DevTools
This worked for me, thank you.

Sylvester Balchunas

Jun 10, 2020, 7:52:41 AM6/10/20
to Chrome DevTools
This issue comes mostly windows users. But you need to check before troubleshooting anything, Outdated mouse driver, and connect properly in your system. It the issue is still coming, you need to solve it immediately. Check some ways to resolve this common issue. Learn here https://www.waybinary.com/mouse-pointer-cursor-disappears-in-window-10-chrome