Sources and search results show same files twice

Ken Kahn

Feb 9, 2016, 6:50:44 AM2/9/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
When debugging a page with a file://... URL and where the same files are also declared in the Workspace then I see the same folder twice in the Sources tab. Once as top > file:// > C;/Users/... (with a blue folder icon) while the other is just the folder name (with an orange icon). Setting a breakpoint sometimes doesn't work if I set it in the wrong copy. And when I search I see every matching file twice. I suppose using localhost would work around this problem but I rather not. This problem first appeared a few months ago after almost 2 years of no problems using file: and Workspace like this.

Version 50.0.2639.0 canary on Windows 7.

Aaron Fraise

Mar 6, 2016, 10:38:49 PM3/6/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
1987AF

Ken Kahn

Apr 5, 2016, 2:34:52 AM4/5/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
The problem persisted until I switched from file: to localhost:. It is working fine with localhost.