Disable persistence change on disk and save manually

briceh

Apr 24, 2017, 4:05:06 PM4/24/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Hi,

With the new version of Chrome devTools, when I inspect, modify and save a css file from the source nothing happens. It does not ask me anymore where to save the file as before. I have tried to use workspace but I really hate the fact that style changes in the source are persisted immediately without an explicit save. Even so, sometimes I refresh the page and realize that some files have not been saved, and I lost my changes without any notice in the editor.

I really regret why I did that update. Google devTools which was one of my best editor is now the one I hate the most.  Please let me know how I can disable these persistence change on disk, I want to modify my source files from Chrome devTools as before, and if I am happy with the changes I save them somewhere on my computer, otherwise I refresh the page and restart. I also used to do that to keep and play with several versions of the same css file on my disk, now it is no more possible.

Thanks,

Andrey Lushnikov

Apr 26, 2017, 3:10:23 AM4/26/17
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This seems to be related to Persistence2.0 release. We rolled it back in chrome 59/60  - they should work as before.

Next, could you please elaborate on what was not working for you in the new setup? We still want to have persistence 2.0, and your feedback will help us understand your use cases.

briceh

Apr 26, 2017, 10:14:22 AM4/26/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools, lush...@chromium.org
Hi,

Thank for your answer. I have just done the update to the latest version of chrome 60, but still have the same problem.

Here is how I can reproduce it:
- Right click on a page, and select "Inspect"
- In the styles panel, select a css source file and modify it. Then a star immediately appears at the end of the source file name showing that the source has been modified, which is okay.
- Now , hit "CTRL +S" in order to save, the star at the end of file name disappears as if the file has been saved, but it does not ask where to save the file on the computer.

Thanks,