Feature request: print rendering as device

Ben Edmonds

Jun 14, 2018, 7:11:52 AM6/14/18
to Chrome DevTools
When debugging CSS print rules it would be useful to have quicker access to CSS media emulation and more control (like we do with devices).

Currently, one has to follow 5 steps: open dev tools > Menu > More tools > Rendering > Emulate media (change dropdown from "No Emulation" to "Print"). This must be repeated if Dev Tools is closed as it doesn't persist if dev tools is closed or if another window is analysed.

My suggestion is to add this as an option in the Device Toolbar. As with mobile devices, I'd want to also set the size of the canvas / page / paper (A4, A3, etc), orientation (portrait, landscape), resolution, and to save common or favourite settings. As with mobile devices, this should remain set between Dev Tool sessions.