Is there anyway to create a sidepane within my own panel?

gu...@yahoo-inc.com

Sep 21, 2014, 7:05:40 PM9/21/14
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm experimenting with a chrome plugin and I'm creating a new panel like so:
chrome.devtools.panels.create(
    'K R S Test panel',
    null, // No icon path
    'Panel/Beacons.html',
    null // no callback needed
);

Now I want to create a sidebar pane inside my panel. But, if I use something like this:

chrome.devtools.panels.profiles.createSidebarPane(
    "test",
    function(sidebar) {
    sidebar.setObject(test, "Test");
});

Then it creates a new sidebar pane inside the Elements panel. Is there any way to create a new sidebarpane inside my panel (K R S Test panel)?

Thanks

gu...@yahoo-inc.com

Sep 21, 2014, 7:27:45 PM9/21/14
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com, gu...@yahoo-inc.com
Just spotted a typo in my previous post:

I created a sidebar pane like this:

chrome.devtools.panels.elements.createSidebarPane(
    "test",
    function(sidebar) {
    sidebar.setObject(test, "Test");
});