Chrome Inspector showing inaccurate search result count

Dave Heq

Nov 12, 2015, 7:19:48 PM11/12/15
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I'm not sure how it's figuring it, but if I do a Ctrl+F search (Windows 7) in the F12 element inspector, it will show x out of y where sometimes (most of the time actually) there's more actual results than y.

For instance, I'll attach a screenshot that shows a search for s3_weight shows x out of 2 elements, where results 1 of 2 shows 1 highlighted result, but the 2 of 2 shows two highlighted results, so there's actually 3 results!

It's sometimes necessary that it shows accurate result count because I need to make sure the source included the term the right amount of times and this makes it difficult while reviewing and debugging source code.

Any way to fix this? If not will Google change it or just deem this better for me?

Andrey Lushnikov

Nov 12, 2015, 10:47:19 PM11/12/15
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave,

This is a bug. Could you please file it on crbug.com/new and post a link here?

Dave Heq

Nov 13, 2015, 11:27:15 AM11/13/15
to Google Chrome Developer Tools, lush...@chromium.org
This is a bug? It's been around for years, I just tolerated it before. Are you it's not a "feature" according to Google?

PhistucK

Nov 13, 2015, 11:41:21 AM11/13/15
to Google Chrome Developer Tools, Andrey Lushnikov
Unless you are just being cynical for some reason, yes, it is not a feature, but a bug that needs to be fixed.

PhistucK