Show timestamp of messages in timeline message details

j1234...@yahoo.com

Apr 9, 2015, 3:08:58 PM4/9/15
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
It seems that currently it is not possible to accurately obtain the exact timestamp (with milliseconds) of the time a request was sent to the server. This is important for many usecases where it is necessary to analyze based on the exact timestamp an actual request was issued to the server.

The timeline details provides a "rough idea" of when approximately the request was sent by marking it on timeline. However, it is quite difficult to obtain the timestamp based on just this information as there is no absolute reference and exact deviation from this reference.

The information saved by "Save as HAR with content" option provides a start timestamp - implying this information is indeed managed by devtool but is not readily made available in the user interface. Can you please provide an option to obtain the absolute timestamp details of a message, preferably alongside the message details that appears in the attached screen-shot.

-JD
sshot.png

Weiping Chen

Jan 27, 2017, 5:43:02 PM1/27/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I am also in need for obtaining exact timestamp of request sent/response received. Googled around, found multiple requests for this feature in Chrome Dev Tool, like this one but looks like it has not been accepted. Interestingly, the feature request for displaying timestamp for console message has been accepted and completed.

Paul Irish

Feb 10, 2017, 9:20:54 PM2/10/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Hi folks.. I just landed something to address this.. been a long time coming and I appreciate your patience.

It should be in tomorrow's Canary.

Please feel free to file a followup bug on crbug.com if this doesn't satisfy your needs.