Some problems with dev tools.

Andreas Richter

Apr 22, 2018, 1:26:41 PM4/22/18
to Chrome DevTools
I have two surprising problems:
1. Since the last update I have a bunch of code I can no longer put breakpoints and stop. In fact I see errors and Exceptions generated on those same lines, but the code is not stopping on those lines if I put a breakpoint there. I have tried to figure out whether it's related to some kind of async code (promise completions and so on which is affecting breakpoints) but so far I have not found anything. Is anyone else seeing breakpoints being skipped? It seems to be related to "Reload" and executing scripts. I know that chrome dev tools tries to eliminate stops during the reload until the page is correctly reloaded. I think the "ignore breakpoints" is a bit longer than it should be since code during startup of the page is also being ignored.

2. When I use `${...}` expressions in my typescript sources it messes up the highlighting of code. This has been a defect for a while, but I am not sure if the right person knows:

So after the expression all code is colored red instead of using the normal javascript code styling.
This is on Mac OS but I am seeing the same things on my chromebox.

PhistucK

Apr 22, 2018, 1:27:51 PM4/22/18
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
For each of the issues -
You can search crbug.com for an existing issue and star it. If you cannot find one, file a new issue using the "New issue" link on the same page.
Please, do not add a "+1" or "Me too" or "Confirmed" (or similar) comment. It just wastes the time of Chrome engineers and sends unnecessary e-mails to all of the people who starred the issue.

You can reply with a link to the found or created issue and might get triaged (and fixed) faster.

Thank you.

PhistucK