Breakpoints in worker don't break

da...@windward.net

Apr 3, 2014, 12:35:39 PM4/3/14
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all;

I have a worker thread and Chrome lets me set breakpoints in it, but it does not break on those breakpoints. Breaks fine in the main thread, just not the worker. Do I need to do something to enable breakpoints in workers?

thanks - dave

Yury Semikhatsky

Apr 4, 2014, 4:03:36 AM4/4/14
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave,

You don't need to enable anything special to have breakpoints work in workers. Could you send us an example where they don't work for you? Also can you try to reproduce it with a fresh profile  by starting Chrome with --user-data-dir=<some empty dir> command line flag?

Yury

da...@windward.net

Apr 10, 2014, 1:26:57 PM4/10/14
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com, yu...@google.com
The problem here may be that I can't map the worker .js file to the uri and so it doesn't know it's the file I'm in. So I'm waiting to get that question answered before diving into this one.

thanks - dave

da...@windward.net

Apr 10, 2014, 1:46:35 PM4/10/14
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com, yu...@google.com
Hi;

I just tried putting "debugger;" in my worker code - the code ran but it did not break in the debugger. Shouldn't this work?

I'm happy to provide you a copy of my code, but I don't want to put it up on the web for everyone.

thanks - dave

On Friday, April 4, 2014 2:03:36 AM UTC-6, Yury Semikhatsky wrote:
Message has been deleted

da...@windward.net

Apr 11, 2014, 10:11:00 AM4/11/14
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com, da...@windward.net
Answer:

You must check Workers - pause on start. And when that box is checked, then you do get the new window coming up with the debug control for the worker. IF THAT BOX IS NOT CHECKED THEN YOU GET NO DEBUGGING FOR THE WORKER. Not even if you have a "debugger;" in the worker code.