Print Preview from printing link shows only garbage characters

David Berkey

Sep 14, 2015, 9:00:24 AM9/14/15
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I often read food recipies in the NY Times and decide to print them from the "Print" icon link on the webpage.  This brings up the Print Preview screen which has the proper layout, but for the last several days, all the text is garbage. Before that it worked perfectly.  I generally use "Save as PDF" but the print preview shows garbage regardless of whether I do a PDF or print to a printer.  Either way, the end product (PDF or printout) has the same garbage characters as the screen.  So far I've only noticed this with the NY Times printing icon link.  Selecting text anywhere (even NY Times) still works OK.  I assumed the problem was with the Times and wrote to them, but then I tried the same thing using Internet Explorer and had no problems.  Any thoughts?  Also, this problem seems unique to Chrome but not to my computer.  I tried the same thing on another computer with the same results.  Both run Windows 7 Professional, Chrome version is most recent 45.0.2454.85.  Below is sample of the characters:

PhistucK

Sep 14, 2015, 9:02:17 AM9/14/15
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
This group discusses the Developer Tools feature of Google Chrome and not general web development or Chrome issues.
You can search crbug.com for an existing issue and star it. If you cannot find one, file a new issue using the "New issue" link on the same page.
Please, do not add a "+1" or "Me too" or "Confirmed" (or similar) comment. It just wastes the time of Chrome engineers and sends unnecessary e-mails to all of the people who starred the issue.

You can reply with a link to the found or created issue and might get triaged (and fixed) faster.

Thank you.

PhistucK