Re: [Chrome DevTools] Where are persisting Changes for CSS in Mac version of chrome?

Vsevolod Vlasov

Jul 24, 2012, 2:09:31 PM7/24/12
to SkyNet, google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
You can find your css resources on the Sources Panel. Right click in the editor and select "Local modifications..." to open revision history.

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 9:00 PM, SkyNet <skyn...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi there i am running the latest dev version of chrome: (Version 22.0.1215.0 dev) on mac osx lion. After i do changes to css i can't seem to find revisions in the resources tab for my css files. Like shown in this documentation (at the very button) . Is this something that's not available in the mac version of chrome or i need to turn it on in some way?

Thanks a lot for your help!

--
Thank you,
Vsevolod Vlasov (vse...@google.com)

monte...@gmail.com

Aug 11, 2012, 6:56:15 PM8/11/12
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com, SkyNet
The code that was modified before when it showed up in Resources was highlighted, also there was an expand icon to show the original page. This doesn't happen in the Sources section.

luke.b...@googlemail.com

Aug 30, 2012, 5:31:56 AM8/30/12
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com, SkyNet, monte...@gmail.com
Totally missing the differential version of css and the highlighted changes in the latest version!

Especially after Paul Irish made such big deal of it in his video.

Please bring it back Google. Front End Devs use this a lot.

Thanks

clintl...@gmail.com

Oct 29, 2012, 10:56:17 AM10/29/12
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone know if this feature was moved somewhere or removed completely? I could really use it.

Alexander Pavlov

Oct 29, 2012, 11:12:26 AM10/29/12
to clintl...@gmail.com, google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Hey!

Right-click the stylesheet resource in the "Sources" panel and choose "Local Modifications". This will allow you, however, to see only incremental changes between successive revisions. If this is an issue for you, please tell us about it (or file a bug at http://new.crbug.com).
--
-alexander

PhistucK

Nov 13, 2012, 1:40:00 AM11/13/12
to Michael Hood, google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com, clintl...@gmail.com
You can only edit CSS and JavaScript files currently.

PhistucK

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 5:49 AM, Michael Hood <micha...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey Alexander,

Thanks for posting.

I've noticed that Sources identified as CSS/JS are the only ones I've found to be editable in the Sources tab. I understand the challenges with allowing otherwise (dynamic content, so forth.)

Can you tell me if the logic for what's editable is driven by cache-control, mime/file types, or otherwise? Or even pointing me to the relevant spot in the chromium repo would be appreciated.. it's a bit overwhelming when you're unfamiliar with the internal names for all of the components. ;)

Thanks!
-mh

Vsevolod Vlasov

Michael Hood

Feb 21, 2013, 6:52:28 AM2/21/13
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com, Michael Hood, clintl...@gmail.com
[Groups didn't send me a notification for this, apologies.]

exactly that- there are plenty of sites with "embedded" content within style/script tags.

Look no further than Google Analytics, AdSense, et al.