Option to hide "Content scripts" or at least have Chrome remember which tab I am using

sco...@talix.com

Aug 8, 2017, 4:13:59 PM8/8/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Every time I open the Chrome Debugger and go to Sources, I am taken to Content scripts. While it's nice to have the reminder that I have "Make America Kittens Again" installed, I have never once wanted to debug it. So I click Sources again. Every time.

Sometimes (especially when I'm working on my laptop w/out a second monitor) I have this tab pane made just wide enough to see my source, but the tabs aren't shown. So then I have to rearrange my debugging window, after I get over my confusion and annoyance that my sources aren't visible.

The simple solution would be for Chrome Developer Tools to simply remember which tab you were working in and take you back there, just as it persists your window layout.

PhistucK

Aug 8, 2017, 4:23:32 PM8/8/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Does it always open that tab by default?
I experienced the behavior where it sometimes opens that tab by default, but once I click on a different tab and close the Developer Tools feature and re-open it, it is fine.

PhistucK

sco...@talix.com

Aug 11, 2017, 6:19:20 PM8/11/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
For me, it ALWAYS opens to Content scripts.

Example:
1) Open "https://www.google.com/" in Chrome
2) Open Developer Tools
3) Select Sources
4) For me, it is always on Sources \ Content scripts. Click "Sources" so it's on Sources \ Sources.
5) Refresh the browser (Command + R)

Result: it's back on Sources \ Content scripts.

I am using Version 60.0.3112.90 (Official Build) (64-bit) for Mac.

A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel sticking out of his fly. "Doesn't that hurt?" asks the bartender. "Arrr, it's drivin' me nuts," says the pirate. This is like that.

PhistucK

Aug 11, 2017, 6:29:26 PM8/11/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
You can search crbug.com for an existing issue and star it. If you cannot find one, file a new issue using the "New issue" link on the same page.
Please, do not add a "+1" or "Me too" or "Confirmed" (or similar) comment. It just wastes the time of Chrome engineers and sends unnecessary e-mails to all of the people who starred the issue.

You can reply with a link to the found or created issue and might get triaged (and fixed) faster.

Thank you.

PhistucK

sco...@talix.com

Aug 12, 2017, 11:57:42 AM8/12/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I was replying to the thread that I started with an answer to the question you asked: "Does it always open that tab by default?" and supplying more detail.

PhistucK

Aug 12, 2017, 4:09:08 PM8/12/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Yep and at this point, I cannot help anymore, so I suggested that you file an issue for it so the team could start working with you on reproducing.

PhistucK