Dev Tools vs Task Manager

Nicholas Singgih

Jun 30, 2016, 5:40:10 PM6/30/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Hi All,

I'm currently developing a web app that loads multiple PDF files and display only few pages at a time. It shows a steady usage of up to 110Mb. I've made effort to clean up references to every thing that aren't being used. However, Chrome Task Manager shows an ever increasing usage of memory, especially in Private Memory.

How do I know what is causing this? Is there a way to see the breakdown of Chrome's memory usage from the Dev Tools?

Cheers,

Kayce Basques

Jul 12, 2016, 4:48:46 PM7/12/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I just rewrote one of our "memory profiling" docs. A heap snapshot or allocation profile might help you pinpoint where memory is getting allocated. Let me know if the doc helps.