Why is the dragstart event not called in this scenario?

Anton

Jul 14, 2017, 4:41:31 PM7/14/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools, anthon...@hotmail.com

If you mousedown twice in quick succession, without releasing the mouse button after the second mousedown, the dragstart event is not called in Chrome and yet it is called in Firefox as one would expect the browser to behave.

What is preventing the dragstart event from being called?

I know it's not the dbleclick event, which is not called until you release the mouse button after the second mousedown event.

Here is a jsfiddle of the MVC.

PhistucK

Jul 14, 2017, 4:44:13 PM7/14/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools, anthon...@hotmail.com
This group discusses the Developer Tools feature of Google Chrome and not general web development issues.

You can search crbug.com for an existing issue and star it. If you cannot find one, file a new issue using the "New issue" link on the same page.
Please, do not add a "+1" or "Me too" or "Confirmed" (or similar) comment. It just wastes the time of Chrome engineers and sends unnecessary e-mails to all of the people who starred the issue.

You can reply with a link to the found or created issue and might get triaged (and fixed) faster.

Thank you.

PhistucK

Anton

Jul 14, 2017, 4:49:06 PM7/14/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools, anthon...@hotmail.com
That's interesting because an "Expert" in another Chrome forum directed me here. Thanks nonetheless. I'll do that.

PhistucK

Jul 14, 2017, 4:53:21 PM7/14/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools, anthon...@hotmail.com
Yes, the product forum contributors are not too technical, so they direct people here. I already told them in some cases, but I guess most contributors are just not aware.

PhistucK

Anton

Jul 15, 2017, 6:03:38 AM7/15/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools, anthon...@hotmail.com
Is there a reason you linked me to the bug page for Chromium and not Chrome? Or are bugs for both dealt with there?

PhistucK

Jul 15, 2017, 7:42:59 AM7/15/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools, anthon...@hotmail.com
​There is no external issue tracking system for "Chrome" specifically. The ​issue tracker of the Chromium open source project is used for reporting Chrome issues (there is no official product named Chromium, so it is really for Chrome).

PhistucK