66 Won't stop on breakpoints running on OSx

Scott Chapman

May 1, 2018, 4:03:56 PM5/1/18
to Chrome DevTools
So, I've got a weird problem.

I can load a folder into the source tree on the left, find the file I am trying to debug and set a breakpoint. I can see the breakpoint set.

However if, when I show the path to the file, the path starts with "file:///Users/..." instead of "/Users/..." my breakpoints will be ignored.

It seems like using paths with "file:///..." seems to be the default when I load/open files.

Anyone seen this and know how to work around it please?

Kayce Basques

May 1, 2018, 7:48:22 PM5/1/18
to Chrome DevTools
You're fetching this file from a server? Or are you running one locally?

Scott Chapman

May 1, 2018, 8:18:33 PM5/1/18
to Chrome DevTools
I am running locally. All files are local on my Mac.

Kayce Basques

May 3, 2018, 1:13:04 PM5/3/18
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
You're running a local server? So you're expecting your files to get served from something like localhost:8080/Users but it's getting served from the filesystem instead?

Scott Chapman

May 3, 2018, 1:50:10 PM5/3/18
to Chrome DevTools
My server is running locally, and all files are local on my Mac. I start the debugging session with "node --inspect-brk app.js". I want to set breakpoint in some additional code, so I "Add Folder" to the explorer on the left side. The problem is what those files are mapped to "file:///Users/..." instead of "/Users/...". And so breakpoints in those files are ignored.

Basically any files that I get to from the explorer on the left are mapped incorrectly.

Make sense?