Console.group shell for error, wan and info

lostarc...@googlemail.com

Apr 13, 2014, 8:39:37 AM4/13/14
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone.

So I absolutely love the console tools in Chrome and use them all the time when I'm developing sites, awesome stuff.

However I have on pain in my side I'd like to sort...

I like pretty things, so all of my console log lines are shelled inside a console group.

The idea behind this is that the console group displays a summary of the error/warning/info and then the contents of the group have extra data I may wish to look at to further investigate the problem

It's an idea myself and a friend had and I think it works really well.

But here's the issue...
console.group seems to be in all of the contexts.

I say this because when I use the console filter if I'm on warn or error my console group headings are always displayed, only the error and warning contents (written with console.error and console.warn inside the many console groups) are filtered, meaning that I'm left with all of the group headings but without any contents, and as all of the console logging I do is inside console.group it doesn't really help.

My ideal would be something along the lines of console.log.group, console.error.group, and console.warn.group, but alas that doesn't exist.

Does anyone have a work around, and if not what are the chances Google might implement this as I think it would be really handy.

Currently my work around is to pass what level I want to have displayed to my own code and it filters what it sends to the console but this isn't the ideal.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Thanks, James.

Vsevolod Vlasov

Apr 14, 2014, 2:15:33 AM4/14/14
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Could you please file a feature request on http://crbug.com/new and send a link to it here?

lostarc...@googlemail.com

Apr 16, 2014, 3:37:00 AM4/16/14
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your advice, however I only see a way to report bugs rather than a way to request features.

Just use the bug form I guess?

On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 4:39 PM, <lostarc...@googlemail.com> wrote:
[...]

PhistucK

Apr 16, 2014, 3:55:36 AM4/16/14