Timeline - Events categories

Daniel Rosa

Jul 23, 2015, 10:28:29 AM7/23/15
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Hi guys!

In the timeline, there are a pie chart representing the aggregated time of the recording, like the one attached.
I'm trying to understand how this characterization happens, e.g. which criteria is used to determine if certain event should be considered as Rendering.
Anyone knows the criteria for this characterization? Is it done on devtools side (frontend) or on blink side (backend)?

Cheers,
Daniel
timeline-chart.PNG

Daniel Rosa

Jul 27, 2015, 8:47:52 AM7/27/15
to Google Chrome Developer Tools, djh...@gmail.com
Elaborating a bit more the question, and being more specific, what I aim to understand is how can I correlate the functions calls listed in chrome://tracing with the categories (Loading, Scripting, Rendering, Painting, Other) in Timeline.
E.g. In which category of timeline the call to AnimationTimeline::serviceAnimations is accounted

Cheers,
Daniel

Paul Irish

Jul 27, 2015, 4:41:36 PM7/27/15