Network - Headers tab taking 10 seconds to load?

Ryan Q

May 19, 2016, 12:25:05 PM5/19/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Ever since Chrome 50 opening the Network - Headers tab is taking almost exactly 10 seconds ( way too long to be a useful tool, used to be unnoticeable load time)  just to view maybe a few KB worth of request / response data while working in local environments (Doesn't seem to happen with live domain requests (e.g. to aws resources). I noticed the tab for Chrome's process spikes up to 30-40% CPU usage, which leads me to believe it's a bug.

There isn't any crazy amounts of cookies or weird headers going on here, as it's consistent regardless of the project I'm working on.

This also happens when opening the Network view if the last request had the header tab selected (since Chrome saves the state of the last tab viewed).

Anyone have thoughts on what is causing this? I'm not exactly sure what to post to be useful here, but let me know if anything comes to mind.

Basic Header tab data (with ... data redacted):
    1. Request URL: ...
    2. Request Method:
      GET
    3. Status Code:
      200 OK
    4. Remote Address:
  1. Response Headersview source
    1. Access-Control-Allow-Methods:
      GET,POST,OPTIONS,DELETE,PUT
    2. Access-Control-Allow-Origin:
      *
    3. Access-Control-Max-Age:
      1000
    4. Cache-Control:
      no-cache
    5. Connection:
      Keep-Alive
    6. Content-Length:
      3706
    7. Content-Type:
      application/json
    8. Date:
      Wed, 18 May 2016 23:52:42 GMT
    9. Keep-Alive:
      timeout=5, max=95
    10. Server:
      Apache/2.4.9 (Win32) PHP/5.5.12
    11. Set-Cookie:
      sess= ...; expires=Thu, 19-May-2016 01:52:45 GMT; Max-Age=7200; path=/; httponly
    12. Vary:
      Authorization
  2. Request Headersview source
    1. Accept:
      application/json, text/plain, */*
    2. Accept-Encoding:
      gzip, deflate, sdch
    3. Accept-Language:
      en-US,en;q=0.8,es;q=0.6
    4. Authorization:
      Bearer ...
    5. Cache-Control:
      no-cache
    6. Connection:
      keep-alive
    7. Cookie:
    8. Host:
      localhost
    9. Pragma:
      no-cache
    10. Referer:
    11. User-Agent:
      Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/50.0.2661.102 Safari/537.36

Blaise Bruer

May 19, 2016, 1:52:07 PM5/19/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Can you please supply us with live example?

Kayce Basques

May 20, 2016, 6:17:14 PM5/20/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Hi Ryan. Are you seeing this behavior in incognito mode?

徐明垒

May 24, 2016, 2:09:24 AM5/24/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
50.0.2661.102 m   when the reqest's form data has big data(15kb) ,if the form data is not expend will not  bug  if you expend the form data it taking almost exactly 10 seconds.

Rajesh Balla

Jun 2, 2016, 1:33:15 AM6/2/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
My colleagues and I are seeing this as well. 10 seconds. Seeing the behavior in Incognito mode as well.

Blaise Bruer

Jun 2, 2016, 1:13:40 PM6/2/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Again, it is extremely difficult to fix an issue that we cannot reproduce ourselves. The best thing would be to file a bug @ http://crbug.com/ PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give live examples or explain in detail how to reproduce this.

Christ Jou

Jun 23, 2016, 4:09:41 AM6/23/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools

Example here:

In devTools, Network -> headers tab, you can find that switch between other tab and Headers tab took a lot of time.
(if the parameter is shorter, the switch is very fast, we assume problem is the long query String, and this kind of problem won't happened in Firefox or safari.)

Hope this helps.

Blaise Bruer於 2016年6月3日星期五 UTC+8上午1時13分40秒寫道:

Blaise Bruer

Jun 23, 2016, 3:19:33 PM6/23/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I investigated the issue and looks like a layout problem with contiguous text. I submitted a bug and will ensure devtool's needs will be satisfied.

Bug report: http://crbug.com/622810