Why a breakpoint on 'while(true)' never gets hits?

Tony Henrich

Oct 11, 2013, 12:42:08 PM10/11/13
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com

I have a Javascript line of 'while(true)' with a breakpoint. The breakpoint never gets hit. Why? A breakpoint at the previous hit gets hit so this is not a logic flow issue.

while(true)
{
}

PhistucK

Oct 11, 2013, 2:34:15 PM10/11/13
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
It does not break on the first iteration, but on the second (and third and the rest) it breaks, for me.

PhistucK

Tony Henrich

Pavel Feldman

Oct 16, 2013, 1:25:43 AM10/16/13
On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 4:17 AM, Tony Henrich <thenri...@gmail.com> wrote:

Why not in the first iteration? Is this by design?

I don't think so, please file a bug at crbug.com/new so that we could track it.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-chrome-developer-tools/0e911b0b-2b38-47ba-8b93-89ba332d2bea%40googlegroups.com.

RDoc

Jun 19, 2014, 7:19:19 PM6/19/14
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
This appears to be an old bug that either never got reported/fixed or is a regression. It still appears that breakpoints on while statements don't break on the first iteration.

PhistucK

Jun 20, 2014, 3:12:26 AM6/20/14
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
So, please, file an issue (if you have not found one at crbug.com)? :)
You can then post a link to the found or created issue here.

PhistucK

RDoc

Jun 20, 2014, 11:54:07 AM6/20/14
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com