Refresh when changing .js file in workspace

Vlad Kozin

Aug 7, 2017, 8:44:22 AM8/7/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Hello.

I'm attempting to hack on DevTools front-end. Setup and running as described in DevTools Contribution Guide. I have DevTools running on local DevTools started with a pair of

> npm run server
> npm run chrome

which starts in the latest Canary. Local workspace is added and points to the local version of front_end/elements cause I'm trying to hack on Elements panel. Network elements is mapped onto that local workspace and indeed changes to js files are picked up by Sources panel as well as the other way I can see changes made in Sources on my local filesystem.

What I'm having problem with is auto-refresh on save, which perhaps erroneously I expected to just work. Basically the only way for code changes to be picked up is for me to manually refresh the page. I got the feeling from the docs that is supposed to be automatically done. Makes no difference where I add e.g. `console.log("hello")` at the top level or inside some existing function.

Appreciate any help here. Can go manual for now of course, but it's tedious.

Thanks