Can I reuse the build-in devtools controls in my own devtools extension

Thorsten Erlewein

Apr 20, 2018, 3:42:00 PM4/20/18
to Chrome DevTools
Hi,

Chrome devtools has very nice controls like the xml tree  in the network panel or in the console, the json view, the javascript editor in the debug panel and more. I was wondering if there is any way I could reuse these controls in my own panel of my custom extension.

To make one example. I have found some extensions that would package ace.js in their devtools extension to have an editor on their panel.html.

If one could just reuse the build in controls of chrome instead it would be really great.

So is this possible?

If not could this be considered as feature request. One way could be an implementation as custom elements (web components).

Best regards,
Thorsten