Problem with linear gradient/border on a TR

Dave Davis

Aug 4, 2017, 9:59:55 AM8/4/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Running Chrome on Windows 10, when I create a page with a table  that degrades (removes a couple of columns) as the viewport narrows, Chrome is very jerky.

On my wife's Windows 10 computer, Chrome doesn't even show resizing arrows for the same page.

On my Samsung Chromebook Pro, Chrome resizes the page smoothly.

On my computer, both Edge and Firefox resize the page smoothly.

I have searched my code and my CSS for obvious errors but cannot find anything that stands out.

Update:
I have found that having both a linear-gradient and a border on a tr causes the problem.  remove either and the page re-sizes just fine.

As a work around, this seems to work just fine...

background:linear-gradient(180deg,white,pink,98%,black);

PhistucK

Aug 4, 2017, 10:01:58 AM8/4/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
This is the wrong group. Please, use crbug.com to report it as an issue (or star an existing issue, if you can find a similar one).

Note - please, continue the discussion elsewhere. You can reply with a link to the found or created issue.
Also, try to give a URL to a complete page instead of making the ones who help you combine the pieces themselves. This makes sure any server issues are still apparent, which may affect the rendering.

PhistucK