Re: [Chrome DevTools] Font family in macOS in developer tools

Message has been deleted

PhistucK

Apr 10, 2017, 3:04:23 AM4/10/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I believe those settings set the default font, or generic font family fonts. So if a web page defined a specific font (and not "serif", "sans-serif" or "monospace", for example, if I am not mistaken), the default font will not be applied.
Since the Developer Tools feature probably uses a specific monospace font ("Consolas", I believe), it does not apply to it.
However, you can change it by creating (or finding) a Developer Tools theme extension and enabling the custom theme experiment.

See this repository for how to enable themes as well as for the source code of a theme extension on which you can base your theme -

PhistucK

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 9:06 AM, Michael <mail.micha...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello everyone,

I try to change the default font family in google chrome (settings -> fonts and so on) on my macOS.

There's Menlo set as default font family. I want change it for example to Monaco.
If I set Monaco as font family at settings and look at parts of chrome where monospaced font is used (e.g. source code of a webpage), I can see the changes.
But NOT in developer tools.

Why? How can I change the font also in developer tools. I want to have a possibility to set my monospaced font family once and have it on all points of my app where monospace font is implemented.

Is it a bug of macOS or a problem of Google Chrome?

Regards,

Michael

Pavel Feldman