AngularJS Controller Object Not Released From Memory and Distance from Root Not Specified ('-') in Retainer Objects view

Fearghal O Maolcatha

Mar 16, 2018, 1:02:53 PM3/16/18
to Chrome DevTools
Hi,
I'm trying to figure out why an AngularJS view controller object is not being released from memory when I navigate away from the view. The controller is called MaskingViewController (see devtools Memory Snapshot screenshot below). Why is it that the 'Distance' column in the Retainers view doesn't contain a numeric value? The issue is intermittent, most of the time the controller object is garbage collected once I navigate away from the view. Do I need to look through the Detached DOM trees to find a possible reference to this object? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Fearghal.