How to pass element to inspect into devtools frontend (remote debugging)?

Alexander Ewering

Dec 12, 2015, 4:22:05 PM12/12/15
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Hello,

I'm calling the devtools over remote debugging (localhost:9222) with an URL similar to the following:

This works fine and opens the developer tools for the correct page. My current problem is:Is it possible to directly pass the ELEMENT to inspect, too? I'm developing a browser as a Chrome app, and I'm working on the right-click (context) menu, and I'd like to have an option "Inspect element" that works like Chrome's. As I said, I managed to find out the page ID and pass that, but I'm missing a way to pass the element.

Thanks.