When adding a watch expression during debugging, I get an unsafe eval error

aguila...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2012, 9:51:43 PM4/28/12
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys, I'm debugging a chrome extension I wrote and I'm having some trouble. I set a breakpoint and it gets hit in the code, then I try to add a watch expression. When I do, instead of reporting the value of the expression, I instead get this error:

[Exception: Error: Code generation from strings disallowed for this context]

I'm not actually writing any code in the watch expression, just trying to evaluate a property of an HTMLDivElement (className). All my searching has not found a workaround for this, so I'm wondering if I can get some help in this group.

-- James

Yury Semikhatsky

May 2, 2012, 4:31:45 AM5/2/12
to aguila...@gmail.com, google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Hi James,

I tried to reproduce the failure on tip-of-tree Chromium with the attached extension and it worked fine for me. Can you provide more details on the scenario where you hit this error? Do you see it only on you extension?

Yury
content_script.js
manifest.json