Broke my Sources, Go to line (CTRL-G)

hedg...@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2014, 7:10:17 PM6/12/14
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com

I use CTRL + G  to jump to a particular line number all the time.

I was using it earlier today, and I think I fat-fingered and somehow broke the way this is working...

From within the .js page I am working on (on the Sources tab) now if I hit CTRL-G, it opens up what seems to be a different, arbitrary script file and tries to jump to the line number in that file.

I have tried closing the developer tools, I have tried closing the entire browers, I even tried re=installing Chrome. I still get the same funky behavior of jumping to the line in some other file.

If I just open up, say the Google home page, get to the scripts tab and open util.js, then use CTRL-G, it seems to be fine.

I don't understand why it would be opening this other file. I don't understand how it could be broken from one browser invocation to another. Possibly I hit some sort of shortcut to change some unknown preference?  This sound familiar to anyone?

Arghh!!  I loves me the CTRL-G, and I really, really, want it back!

Vsevolod Vlasov

Jun 13, 2014, 3:11:00 AM6/13/14
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Could you please file a bug on http://crbug.com/new ?