Network Panel: "Save As HAR With Content" missing content

Matthew Devine

Apr 6, 2017, 12:27:39 PM4/6/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
So I can't seem to figure out why sometimes when I do a capture in the Network tab and export it to a HAR file with the content there is no content.  My end goal is to have the HAR file that contains the content for later analysis.

Here I can see I had a content as the size is 171Kb but there is no text field.  Is there any way to force it to include the content?  If its an optimization issue of not wanting to store all this data, you could always make it a switchable option.

"content": {
            "size": 171626,
            "mimeType": "text/plain",
            "compression": 0
          },

Thanks for any help and let me know if you need anymore information or if this is already a listed bug.  I wasn't able to find it myself.

PhistucK

Apr 6, 2017, 12:29:35 PM4/6/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
My guess is that the content was already removed from the memory. HAR creation probably does not take anything from the disk cache.

PhistucK

redvee78

Aug 22, 2017, 2:17:41 AM8/22/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I'm seeing the same issue.

It could be related to the "Preserve Log" setting.  I see no content with this enabled, but I do see content when it is not enabled.