Unexpected behavior when users type or overtype the text in an input field.

ovel...@gmail.com

Sep 30, 2017, 4:46:20 PM9/30/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools

We have a web based product for which we recommend the use of Google Chrome as this is what we have standardized on.

In this particular situation, we have a number of input fields on the screen, and we have some unexpected behavior when those users type or overtype the text in a field.

This issue is exhibited in the latest version of the browser, but NOT a previous version  (59.0.3071.115).  We are trying to establish what may have changed in relation to field entry to exhibit this behavior so we can request a fix , or try to figure out a workaround on our side.

The HTML for the field is as follows

<input type=“text” style=“display: block; left: 56px; z-index: 12; top: 453px; color: rgb(13, 12, 12); width: 666px; font-family: &quot;Ubuntu Mono&quot;; text-align: left;” id=“field0” class=“cloudField focusableField textField monospace commandBar” bypass=“false” nondisplaymask=“false” dupenabled=“true” mdt=“false” shiftedit=“alphabeticShift” autoenter=“false” fieldexitrequired=“false” monocase=“false” manditoryenter=“false” rightadjustmandfill=“normal” cloudid=“0” splitfieldfamily=“0" maxlength=“74” irow=“19" icolumn=“6” attributes=“36" splitfield=“false” pushedtonextrow=“false” fontchanged=“entirePage” tabindex=“2" autocomplete=“off” fieldexitaction=“false” modifiedcharacters=“1”>

In the example, if we enter the field, type the data “12", then use arrow keys to go back to start of field and type “1” again the cursor does not move, and if we then typed “2" , we have on screen the text “22” and not “12"

Thanks for any direction or help in this regard.

ovel...@gmail.com

Oct 4, 2017, 5:28:12 PM10/4/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I will extremely appreciate any help with this issue. Does anybody has any ideas about it?

Thank you very much

PhistucK

Oct 4, 2017, 5:29:31 PM10/4/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
This group discusses the Developer Tools feature of Google Chrome and not general web development issues.
Please, use stackoverflow.com instead. If you find that it is a Chrome issue (and not a specification design), you can find an existing similar issue at crbug.com and star it for updates, or create a new one there.

PhistucK

ovel...@gmail.com

Oct 5, 2017, 5:25:33 PM10/5/17
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
PhistucK,
Thank you very much for your assistance with this issue. I followed your recommendations.