Can you code search for a folder at the end of a string, in the browser bar?

na-pwr

Mar 31, 2016, 2:58:38 PM3/31/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Like, just say I have 26 folders named from A to Z linked to each other, A is first, then B folder is dropped on a etc.

Can we just type 'chrome\a\b\c\d\e\f\g\h\i\j\k\l\m\n\o\p\q\r\s\t\u\v\w\x\y\z'

To open the 'z' folder in that group or something?

The reason I ask, is that I can save that path for later. Any help appreciated, Dave I

Pavel Feldman

Mar 31, 2016, 3:03:29 PM3/31/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Could you elaborate on your scenario, what you are looking for and why?

PhistucK

Mar 31, 2016, 3:04:11 PM3/31/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I am not sure I understand. Can you try to be clearer?
Generally, Chrome can open folders from the file system... If you type (on a Windows machine) -
c:\
And press Enter, it will show you the contents of your drive and let you navigate through the folders. You can bookmark the address, of course.
(Prepending file:// to any path on non Windows machines should also show you the contents of that path, I believe)

Though I am not sure how this relates to the Developer Tools, so chromium-discuss might be a better group for this.

PhistucK

na-pwr

Mar 31, 2016, 3:24:21 PM3/31/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Hello,
Lisa from google products said to try this or the chromium.

Anyhow,
,
be good to learn more about bookmark management,
as I have thought of an infinite abbreviated bookmark system, where I don't need anymore folders, but placing folders into other folders becomes a long task for the mouse, but being able to use code as you have suggested starting with c: is a start.

Message has been deleted

Paul Irish

Mar 31, 2016, 3:53:20 PM3/31/16
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Ah, this not the group for your request. Sorry you were routed here.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/chrome is the best place for your question.

Cheers

On Thursday, March 31, 2016, na-pwr <rel...@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
I mean, once all the folders are set up, there is about 30 possible folders to mouse along before reaching the folder needed to open the link.

na-pwr

Mar 31, 2016, 3:59:44 PM3/31/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I mean, once all the folders are set up, there is about 30 possible folders to mouse along before reaching the folder needed to open the link.
So being able to know how to get the code for a certain folder in that path, would make it easier to get to the link from that folder.

Just a side note.I can put a certain folder on the bookmarks bar to make accessing that area easy, but the point of the whole exercise is so I can find anything later when I have forgotten where it is.

na-pwr

Mar 31, 2016, 4:05:42 PM3/31/16
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Ah Ok, thank-you all for your time.