Minor SES self-test problem seen on IE10

Mark Miller

Apr 18, 2015, 4:34:37 PM4/18/15
to google-ca...@googlegroups.com
in IE10, I see the following diagnostic

CROSS_FRAME_FOR_IN_NEEDS_INHERITED_NEXT still problematic:[-]Error: Can't execute code from a freed script

  at ses.startSES (https://rawgit.com/tvcutsem/es-lab/master/src/ses/startSES.js:1863:7)
  at hookupSESPlusModule (https://rawgit.com/tvcutsem/es-lab/master/src/ses/hookupSESPlus.js:35:5)
  at Global code (https://rawgit.com/tvcutsem/es-lab/master/src/ses/hookupSESPlus.js:27:2)

This is only a problem resulting from how SES self-tests for the cross-frame for/in problem, which IE doesn't suffer from anyway. Once https://codereview.appspot.com/222570043/ is submitted, unless something is changed, we'll see the same diagnostic in the official SES within Caja. This is not an actual problem, since the diagnostic purposely does not raise severity level. As a result, SES initialization still judges IE10 safe, as it should.

The reason I'm explaining all this is that I'm traveling and without access to a Windows machine. If I submit this CL while traveling, I will likely leave this issue alone since I won't be able to test any change I make. This should not be an actual problem for the above reasons, but the diagnostic may seem alarming.

--
  Cheers
  --MarkM