PLEASE HELP REVIEW project migration to GitHub

Kevin Reid

Apr 16, 2015, 2:26:05 PM4/16/15
to Google Caja Discuss
Everyone: Please browse around in

and reply if you see anything wrong with it.

Since Google Code Project Hosting is shutting down, we're moving to GitHub. I've done my best to migrate the bulk of the project information intact (code, issues, and wiki) and I'd like your help to verify the migration.

Please browse around and see if you can see anything that's broken in a can't-fix-later way. In particular, if the issues appears to have lost key information, because that's the part that's hardest to fix later (since you can't just overwrite issues with a force push).

I've made sure that issue numbers match the original. I'm aware that there are some links into Google Code for revision numbers and the like; we'll have to fix those as needed.

(The above URL is not the official new location, of course. It will change once we've decided the import is good. I will also be posting notes on the steps I took to migrate and what remains to be done.)

Mike Stay

Apr 16, 2015, 2:31:51 PM4/16/15
to Google Caja Discuss
The only thing I see missing in the new issues is who changed which
labels, but I don't think that's a big deal.
> --
>
> ---

Mike Stay - meta...@gmail.com
http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~mike
http://reperiendi.wordpress.com

Kevin Reid

Apr 16, 2015, 2:38:42 PM4/16/15
to Google Caja Discuss
On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 11:31 AM, Mike Stay <meta...@gmail.com> wrote:
The only thing I see missing in the new issues is who changed which
labels, but I don't think that's a big deal.

Yes, known issue. Label changes could be put in the text, and it'd remove some "blank comments", but it didn't seem really worth keeping around.

I just noticed, though, that closed-status distinctions were lost (i.e. Fixed/Obsolete/Invalid/WontFix). That seems possibly unfortunate. Also fixable later by programmatically adding labels, provided that we keep the original data dump to extract from.

Oh, and issue assignees are currently missing — that's deliberate to avoid sending out email until we're done.

Mark Miller

Apr 16, 2015, 3:05:33 PM4/16/15
to Google Caja Discuss
Missing README home page.

--

---

  Cheers,
  --MarkM

Kevin Reid

Apr 16, 2015, 3:11:25 PM4/16/15
to Google Caja Discuss
On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 12:05 PM, Mark Miller <eri...@gmail.com> wrote:
Missing README home page.

Yes, that's a “one-off” thing which will be a manual fix for later. Right now, I need to know that there are not irreparable systematic errors in the bulk content (issues, code, wiki).

Mark Miller

Apr 16, 2015, 3:54:32 PM4/16/15
to Google Caja Discuss
The first link on https://github.com/kpreid/caja-import-draft/wiki/SecurityAdvisory20150313 is to https://code.google.com/p/google-caja/wiki/SES rather than https://github.com/kpreid/caja-import-draft/wiki/SES . As part of the conversion, it would be good for all self-reference links to be to the new self.

--

---