Moving users new users to sub-organizations via the API

NtroP

Aug 18, 2012, 6:22:46 PM8/18/12
to google-app...@googlegroups.com
I've got a ruby app that is provisioning users to our educational google apps domain. Currently I am using gdatav2rubyclientlib. It works great until I try to move users into one of our sub organizations. I send the PUT request to https://apps-apis.google.com/a/feeds/orguser/2.0/our_Id/example_user@our_domain.edu with the XML payload specifying the orgUnitPath for the sub-organization and the 'GoogleLogin' auth-token that I used to create the account in the header. As far as I can tell from the documentation, this should work fine but I just can't get it working. The response I get is a 302 redirect to www.google.com.

I'm really new to the provisioning API and, for better or worse, am stuck doing this in ruby. Any ideas why this isn't working? Is there a better ruby gem or library that will manage users with regard to sub-organizations?  It's getting to be crunch-time as students return next week and right not there's no good way to move them into the correct organizations except through the management interface, which, IMHO lease a lot to be desired when managing more that a handfull of accounts.

Thanks in advance for any help!