subnets for Google servers?

Patricia N Goldweic

Apr 20, 2012, 4:37:08 PM4/20/12
to google-app...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I wonder if there's a way to find out what are the specific subnets that an application that contacts Google programmatically, should be able to access. My app is going to be moved to a server behind a firewall and they are asking me for specific subnets to allow outgoing communication to. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks,
-Patricia

Patricia Goldweic
pgol...@northwestern.edu

Patricia N Goldweic

Apr 20, 2012, 4:38:33 PM4/20/12
to google-app...@googlegroups.com
Forgot to mention that my app is using the gdata Java client apis to access documents, calendars, sites, provisioning api. It also uses openID. Thanks,
-Patricia

Jay Lee

Apr 25, 2012, 9:13:30 AM4/25/12
to google-app...@googlegroups.com
Google IP ranges can be found by doing a DNS query:

the help article is specific to Google Apps email IPs but I believe _netblocks.google.com TXT record includes all Google IPs. Note that the list is not static so you'd need to regularly monitor it for changes.

I don't know if there's a way to scope that down to just the API servers but a Googler on the list may be able to help you there.

Jay

On Friday, April 20, 2012 4:38:33 PM UTC-4, patriciaG wrote:
Forgot to mention that my app is using the gdata Java client apis to access documents, calendars, sites, provisioning api. It also uses openID. Thanks,
-Patricia

I wonder if there's a way to find out what are the specific subnets that an application that contacts Google programmatically, should be able to access. My app is going to be moved to a server behind a firewall and they are asking me for specific subnets to allow outgoing communication to. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, -Patricia

Patricia Goldweic
pgol...@northwestern.edu

Patricia N Goldweic

Apr 25, 2012, 11:04:18 AM4/25/12
to google-app...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Jay. Hopefully somebody from Google can confirm with respect to the non-gmail Google services.

-Patricia