Authenticate and authorize users for my server

bbc

Aug 27, 2012, 1:21:06 PM8/27/12
to google-app...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am looking for a way to serve information to my clients.  My clients are organized as groups of users that should have read/write access to data associated with their group but not other groups.  The client is an installed application (not a web page client).  I'm using Java.

Is it possible, or appropriate, to use their Google account to manage access to the data?  Should I be using OAuth 2.0?

How would I organize multiple users into groups?  Is there an existing mechanism?

I'm a newbie, so any tips, links, recommendations and examples would be great!

Regards
bbc